Nurturing Parenting Program graduates
Nutrition Class graduates
Nutrition Class participants
Nurturing Parenting Program participant and friend
CRES Playground build
Hooray for the Nurturing Parenting Program!
Helping with an insurance application
Raising money for students at the Gyro Booth at Mountain Fair
For students to be successful in school,they must show up each day ready to learn.
The Family Liaisons, in each of our schools, work with families to help students access services for support so that they can come to school ready to learn.
Some of the things a Family Liaison can do:
- Work with school staff to identify students in need
- Help parents to sign up for health insurance and other public benefits.
- Connect students to appropriate resources
- Build relationships with and mentor students
- Provide newcomer student orientation and enrollment assistance.
- Translate and interpret for those who do not speak English
- Help families to set and work toward goals that make them more self-reliant
- Plan and lead school parent nights, groups and classes
- Participate in trainings, collaborations and coalitions that support youth and families.